Intense pulsed light (IPL) hair removal is a hair removal treatment that uses a broad spectrum of light to heat and damage the hair follicles. This prevents the hair from growing back.
IPL hair removal is a popular option for people who want to permanently reduce or remove unwanted hair from their face, legs, arms, and other areas of the body. Major advantages of IPL include that it’s a relatively painless procedure and that it can be used for people with all skin types.
How Does IPL Hair Removal Work?
IPL targets the melanin in the hair follicle. Melanin is the pigment that gives hair its color. When the light hits the melanin, it heats up and damages the hair follicle. This prevents the hair from growing back. The darker and the thicker the hair, the more light is absorbed and the sooner the hair follicle is destroyed. People with lighter and thinner hair may need more treatments to achieve satisfactory results as compared to people with thick and dark hair.
Benefits of IPL Hair Removal
IPL hair removal is preferred by many for multiple reasons::
- It is a non-surgical procedure, so there are no incisions or stitches.
- It is relatively painless.
- It is effective for people with all skin types.
- It can be used to remove hair from any area of the body.
- The results are long-lasting and may also be permanent
Risks of IPL Hair Removal
IPL treatment has few side effects if done according to protocols:
- It may cause temporary redness and swelling.
- Skin irritation and itching may occur at the treated area
- Hyperpigmentation or hypopigmentation (darkening or lightening of the skin), though this is seldom the case if protocols are followed
- Scarring in few patients
Again, these risks are rare and usually go away on their own.
Are You a Good Candidate for IPL Hair Removal?
Most likely you are. However, in some patients we may not advise IPL treatment or suggest that you delay your treatment. This may be the case in some patients with melasma, photosensitivity or other conditions.
However, do keep in mind that IPL is actually also used to treat melasma. So, you need to have an individualized assessment. There is no such thing as one size fits
Are you ready to get rid of the facial hair that always bothered you? Or the address the bikini line? Write us at email@example.com or whatsapp +923175555950