HIFU Treatment at Revivo Hair
High-intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU) is a minimally invasive medical procedure that uses ultrasound waves to heat and destroy tissue. It is a great non-surgical alternative to a variety of cosmetic improvements such as
- Skin tightening: HIFU can be used to tighten sagging skin on the face, neck, the belly, sagging arms and other areas of the body.
- HIFU can be used to lift drooping eyelids.
- While not yet an established treatment option, HIFU may also be helpful for the treatment of hair loss.
How Does HIFU Work?
HIFU uses high-frequency sound waves to heat tissue to a specific temperature which naturally generates heat in the tissue. The heat induces a controlled trauma to the tissue which leads to an initiation of a repair process which causing tightening of the tissue, for instance the skin.
As ultrasound waves are very focused and energy delivery is very precise, the trauma is measured and adjusted to the tissue being treated resulting in cosmetic improvements without the need of a surgery.
It’s minimally invasive and has no or very little downtime.
Benefits of HIFU Treatment
HIFU treatment has a number of benefits, including:
- It is a minimally invasive procedure, so there are no incisions.
- It is a non-surgical alternative to surgery, so there is no risk of infection or bleeding.
- It is a precise procedure, so the damage is very localized.
- It can be used to treat a variety of conditions.
- The results are often longer lasting than many other procedure. However, expect to repeat the procedure to maintain results.
Risks of HIFU Treatment
Generally, HIFU is very safe and most people would be suitable for a HIFU treatment. However, you may want to know that:
- It may cause some pain. In most cases this is mild pain and it goes away without the need of painkillers.
- Bruising may occur
- Swelling may occur
- Although rare, in some patients scarring or infections may occur. Though rare, infections are more likely if the patient is not following the protocol before or after the procedures.
Who is a Candidate for HIFU Treatment?
Most people can have a HIFU procedure provided the condition they want to treat falls within the domain of HIFU treatments. A recent surgery in the area where HIFU treatment will be performed, if you are pregnant or breastfeeding or if other factors are present then a HIFU treatment may not be performed or may have to be postponed.
How many HIFU Treatments are required?
The number of HIFU treatments you need depends on the area being treated and the desired results. For example, you may need one treatment for eyelid lift, but multiple treatments for skin tightening or to reduce your belly.
In general, most people need 1-3 HIFU treatments to achieve the desired results. However, there is great variation on the number of treatments needed and there is no such thing as one size fits all.
The results of HIFU treatment are not permanent. The effects may wear off over time, and you may need to have additional treatments to maintain the results.
Are you ready to address the sagging skin, wrinkles and freshen up your looks so that you look as young as you feel? Write us at firstname.lastname@example.org or whatsapp +923175555950